Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Black and white films

Dear Grandpa,

I guess you already knew, but I forgot how great old black and white films were. For class today, we had to watch A Streetcar Named Desire and it was so entertaining. Possibly even more so than the movies that come out today. I mean, there are a few amazing movies that were produced recently like Avatar and Narnia, but then there are movies like Avatar: The Last Airbender. Really? Where did the days do where we didn't rely on special effects and computerization to make a movie awesome? Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh were excellent in their roles and they just provided some good entertainment from really good acting. Ugh, I think I'm going to start to work backwards and watch more old films from now on.

Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.