Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm sorry

Dear Grandpa,


I just listened to a short clip of a soldier who called the wrong number, but left the sweetest message on the answering machine. It made me think of all of the times when I should have called you just to tell you that I love you. There is nothing more important in the world then my family and I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner. I might have even forgotten to call you on father's day, and if I did, I'm sorry for that too. 


I'm calling Grandma as much as I can, now, because I don't want to make the same mistake with her. I want her to have no doubt in her mind that I am constantly thinking about her and missing her, just like I do with you now. 


Love always,
Your granddaughter

2 comments:

  1. Hello A.R.,

    just read about your blog on Kris' blog. I think you're doing a wonderful thing, and I'm sure your grandfather would've been proud of you! I am a daugther of a father with Alzheimer.... I too have a blog (www.stapjeterug.blogspot.com) but.....it's written in Dutch ;)

    Greetings from the Netherlands,

    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Inge. I really appreciate the comment and just the visit to my site. I'm sorry to hear about your father. If you need any support or answers, I have plenty of both!

    A.R.

    ReplyDelete

.