Monday, January 31, 2011

Yoga

Dear Grandpa,


For the first time ever, in my life, I did yoga. No offense to all of the yoga-masters out there, but I thought this was going to be a piece of cake. I mean, you've seen me run for hours at a time in my soccer games and even you must understand the "muscle gene" we have on our side of the family. When you were 80 years old, looking more like a string bean than ever, you lugged around Grandma's suitcases like they were empty and you never once accepted help.


So, back to yoga. I walked into the room, set up my little mat, and relaxed. Some people stretched while others folded themselves into pretzels, but I figured they were overachievers. Everyone walked in like they were going to the gym, whereas I had on a v-neck tee-shirt and hardtails. No sports bra. Not only was I amazed that our teacher was a student, but she also looked like I could break her in half. Yoga was going to be a joke...


Ha! Just look at some of the positions this woman (attempted) to get me into:




Grandpa, I sweat through my shirt! Yoga was NOTHING I expected. I think you would have laughed if you saw the amount of times I fell over. My knees hurt just as much afterwards as if I played a full 90 minutes of a soccer game. After tonight, I give so much respect to the yoga-masters out there. I am definitely going to be sore in the morning!


Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.