Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow snow snow

Dear Grandpa,


I am snowed in. No matter how many times I wear my pajamas forwards and right-side-in, the snow just keeps on coming. I feel like I'm in a room when I walk outside because it's so dark and quiet and everything is piled so high. It reminds me of the snowstorm of '96, when Chris and I dug tunnels underneath the snow. It was hard for him to dig because the snow was taller than he was. I always found it relaxing to just lay in the white fluff because you were cuddled at all sides.


The snow also reminds me of you and Grandma because this is the exact reason you guys moved to Puerto Rico in the first place. We are so different when it comes to the winter because I love the snow and you guys hated it. Well, mostly you hated the cold, which is understandable. 


I wish you could have seen the snow the same way I did. Maybe, we would have been able to get you to come sledding down our rendition of Mt. Everest in the front yard, or you could have been the fourth person to our snowball fight so Michael wasn't always alone. Either way, it would have been fun just to have you around a little bit longer, even if you were just watching us from the window.


Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.