Saturday, February 5, 2011

I hate v-day

Dear Grandpa,


Valentine's Day is coming up and there's only one thing I really have to say about it:


I Hate Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Why," you ask? Here is a compiled list of my hatred for this godforsaken holiday:


1. Why does there need to be one specific day out of the whole year for you to show your love for someone? Shouldn't everyday be like that?
2. Being single for the majority of my life, I have experienced many a times when I have NOT had someone to be mushy smushy about on this day. Yes, I am still bitter about it!!
3. Why don't we just call it Single's Awareness Day? That's what it really is, right?
4. All of the restaurants love to make Valentine's Day specials on this day and it's really not that special. It's just their normal, everyday food, that they add a few crappy pink and red decorations to and call it a "special." Oh, and it's three times the normal price.
5. Not only has the restaurant industry racked up their prices on this SPECIAL day, but just about everything else has. 
6. Did I mention everything was expensive?
7. You're always competing with someone else when it comes to gifts, especially with guys. One guy will get his girlfriend a dozen roses and her best friend get's three dozen roses AND a teddy bear from her boyfriend. All of the sudden, the first guy is an asshole for not thinking his girlfriend is worth more than that, even though she specifically said she didn't want anything.
8. No, you really don't need to lose 10 pounds for Valentine's Day just so you will look good in bed because you will just gain it back with the chocolates and dinner and candy and drinks. Oh, and here's food for thought, your guy loves you the way you are! Get over it!
9. Doesn't matter where you go or what time you go, there will always be some unoriginal guy down on his knee, proposing to some chick pretending to act surprised.
10. 

So Grandpa, that really sums up my hatred for Valentine's Day. I have a feeling that you feel the same way as I do, especially about that last picture. Ew! Valentine's Day, to me, is just another ordinary day that you share with your loved ones. It's just any other Monday that I will love my family and friends and consider everyone my valentine, even you!

Love always,
Your granddaughter

P.S. I still love my boyfriend unconditionally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.