Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time flies

Dear Grandpa,


Time goes by faster than you know it. Today Mom and I are going to Christina's baby shower... BABY SHOWER. Granted, she's a little younger than everyone would have liked, but still. I remember when we were 10, 11, 12 tagging along with mom as she did her errands and running down the food aisles collecting coupons. Hang outs were still playdates and Nickelodean was the best thing since sliced bread. 


I imagine that's how you felt when we were growing up. You used to change my diapers and then the roles were flipped. There was once a time when you had to hold me up in the water and then a time when I beat you in a swimming race. It's like when you're sitting in a car, watching a tree slowly creep on you, and then like nothing, it blurs past your window and it's behind you. 


Soon, it will be three months since you've passed, but it will still feel like yesterday. It always does.


Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.